At Haile & Alem International, we value and recognize talent. Please check vacancy announcements.
Title of the Position
Addis Ababa, with frequent travel to regions
Based on scale and negotiable
Ten working days from the date of announcement (April 20, 2018)
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Operations Director, plans, organizes, directs and controls all functions related to financial accounting, cost accounting, cash management; ensures that corporate funds are well collected, managed and utilized per set policies, procedures and approved work programs; authorizes payment within delegated limits; supervises the closure of accounts, and preparation of financial statements, conduct of cost analysis, preparation of financial plans and budgets, and audit of accounts, seeks and analyzes business investment opportunities to make optimum use of the Company’s funds.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the overall corporate budget preparation, management and monitoring processes.
- Perform financial analysis, reporting and management activities.
- Ensure that the financial reports are prepared and delivered on time.
- Review financial data for accuracy, correctness and completeness.
- Hire and train new employees on financial operations.
- Monitor and manage all expenses within the allotted budget.
- Seeks and analyzes business investment opportunities to make optimum use of funds.
- Develop standard accounting procedures to improve financial operations efficiency.
- Participate in performance evaluation of finance staff to identify skill development needs.
- Review annual budgets and recommend any changes if needed.
- Perform account reconciliation activities.
- Ensure accurate calculation and distribute of salary and other benefits.
- Establish accurate forecast regarding expenses and revenues and other benefits to employees.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Ensures that policies and procedures governing finance and accounting activities are strictly adhered to.
- Directs, monitors and controls the orderly clearance of payables and receivables; ensures that all tax returns are paid within the time limit set by Government tax regulations; secures approval for the write off of unclaimed liability and bad debts.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company’s finances is maintained.
- Understand and uses the newly introduced accounting standards such International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) by government for the purpose of tax reporting.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of BA in Accounting/Finance.
- A minimum of 10 years of practical experience in Finance out of which five years of proven experience as a Finance Manager.
- professional certification such as ACCA, CPA or similar will be considered a plus;
- Proficient user of financial/ accounting soft ware.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used.
- knowledge of government financial regulations and taxations.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Contribute to build a positive team sprit by balancing team and individual responsibilities.
How to Apply
Phone no:- +251116622936
Please write “Job Application for Finance Manager” on the subject line.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.